This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Educate the Children (ETC) and for our website, www.etc-nepal.org, including:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
3. Security procedures in place to protect against unauthorized access to your information;
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information and/or select your contact preferences; and
5. How policy changes will be communicated.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We may receive and retain data from you when you make a donation, request information, attend a benefit event, or otherwise contact ETC. Types of information collected may include but are not necessarily limited to name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and donation amounts and dates. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise share this information with anyone without your permission.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via paper or electronic mail, or very occasionally by telephone, to provide details about the work ETC is doing in Nepal with your support, to give you the opportunity to provide additional support, to invite you to attend a benefit event in your area, or for other informational or request purposes related to ETC’s mission and activities.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
By submitting a request or question via the e-mail address or phone number given below, you may at any time:
• Inquire about what data we have about you, if any;
• Change/correct any data we have about you;
• Ask us to remove you from one or more of our contact lists; or
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
ETC stores your contact information and donation history in a subscription-based donor database designed for the use of charitable organizations. The data is stored on a secure, password-protected server external to ETC.
When you make a credit card gift or payment to ETC, those transactions are processed via an external service (e.g., PayPal). Any transactions made via these methods are subject to the privacy policies of the external services.
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time. You may check back on this page at any time to see our current policy.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (607) 272-1176 (messages only) if you have questions or concerns about this policy or our adherence to it.
To view or print out a PDF version of this policy, please click here.